Posted on 12:28 by Dan Harvey and filed under

Last Wednesday was the March meet-up for the Hadoop Users Group in London. We were lucky to have Jakob Homan, Owen O'Malley and Sanjay Radia over from Linkedin and Yahoo! in the San Francisco bay area. They were over to accept the Guardian Media Innovation Award which Hadoop won beating out competition from wiki-leaks and the iPad, congratulations to everyone involved in the Apache Hadoop project!

The evening was a great success with around 70 people turning out in the Yahoo! London office along with pizza thanks to Cloudera and drinks in the pub afterwards by Yahoo Developer Networks who were both sponsors for the event.

The two talks from Yahoo! were focusing on improvements to MapReduce and HDFS :-

Federated HDFS By Sanjay Radia

and the talk from Linkedin was one of their new open source projects for stream processing :-

Kafka by Jakob Homan

It's great to see where the future of the Hadoop project is going and it is as interesting as ever. We'll be having out next meet-up on April the 14th so best to keep that date free in your diary, details of that will be coming soon.

Also as ever if you want to give a talk about anything Hadoop related or help out the with group in anyway let us know, or speak out on our mailing list.
Responses to ... March Meetup and Hadoop Award
Aneesha Nasrin said... 29 February 2016 at 08:55
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aneesha Nasrin said... 29 February 2016 at 08:56

Great post Dan congratulations for hadoop award members.

Hadoop training in chennai

Steve Robert said... 5 July 2016 at 07:21

I am really surprised how great services they offer at very affordable prices! Such amazing and decent designs for our homes! I would like to recommend remodeling contractors northern va to everyone! They are perfect in their work!
remodeling contractors northern va

kanchana said... 10 August 2016 at 12:57

Everything is fine, am happy about your blog. Thanks admin for sharing the unique content, you have done a great job I appreciate your effort and I hope you will get more positive comments from the web users.
Hadoop training in chennai

Rekhila said... 18 August 2016 at 13:36

Your content is awesome . You have done a great job and its very useful for me . I appreciate your effort and I hope that you will get more positive comments from the web users.
Seo Web design company Chennai

florairis said... 20 October 2016 at 05:44

Stupendous blog you guys have provided there, I will absolutely valuate your effort.